The Community has its own parliament, government, and administration. Its official flag is identical to the Walloon Flag, which is also the official flag of the Walloons of Wallonia.
Wallonia is home to 80% of all Francophone Belgians, with the remaining 20% residing in Brussels, which is the seat of parliament of the French Community.The FrenchBelgium includes 4.5 million people, of whom:
- 3.6 million live in the Walloon Region (that is almost the entirety of the inhabitants of this region, apart from people who live in the German-speaking communes, who number around 70,000);
- 900,000 living in the Brussels-Capital Region (out of 1.1 million inhabitants).
The French Community of Belgium makes up about 41% of the total population of Belgium; 58% of the population belongs to theFlemish Community, and 1% to the German-speaking Community.