- Listening to music is one of the best relaxation methods known to man and can reduce stress and anxiety
- Music is an excellent way to communicate messages with people
- Music can be emotional and personal and can express emotions that simply talking cannot
- Music is for everyone and has so many genres that it extremely unlikely a person won’t find one they like
- Music you enjoy is known to release the chemical serotonin in the brain which increases the positivity of your mood. Music scientifically makes you happy.
- Music cannot only make you happy; it can stimulate other state of minds. Calm music can help induce sleep or rest, sad songs can help you release your emotions, party music can create an excited and fun atmosphere, etc.
- Music is something many people can relate to and helps you meet new people that have the same or different music styles
- Listening to music can help escape reality for a while and clear your head of any problems or worries
- Music can give people energy. The release of serotonin can cause motivation rushes.
- Music can also make tedious tasks more enjoyable by acting as a small distraction.
- Listening to music stops the mind from wandering and keeps it occupied which can help people that tend to overthink situations.
- Listening to music too loudly, too frequently can permanently damage a person’s hearing
- As music can carry messages, some messages can be very negative, inappropriate or dangerous such as violence, sexual abuse and objectification of people which may affect a person’s opinions or outlook on issues
- Music can act as a serious distraction to work that requires a serious amount of concentration and may lead to errors
- Some music can stimulate the mind so much that it makes sleep more difficult to achieve
- While listening to music it can be easy to overlook things and a person can experience memory gaps due to the distracting nature of some songs
- Catchy songs can get caught in a person’s head which may lead to minor irritation or difficulty focusing