- Social networking sites spread information faster than any other media.
- Social networking sites help students do better at school.
- Social networking sites allow people to improve their relationships and make new friends.
- Social media sites help employers find employees and job-seekers find work.
- Social media sites empower individuals to make social change and do social good on a community level.
- Colleges and universities use social media to recruit and retain students.
- Social media enables the spread of unreliable and false information.
- Students who are heavy social media users tend to have lower grades.
- Social networking sites can lead to stress and offline relationship problems.
- Social media causes people to spend less time interacting face-to-face.
- Social networking sites facilitate cyberbullying.
- Social networking sites enable "sexting," which can lead to criminal charges and the unexpected proliferation of personal images.